Monday 23 April 2007

Short but sweet....

Well, we've just had the final Trail weekend - wild camping in the Lakes.

I umm-ed and argh-ed about whether or not to go despite viral chesty cough thing and gammy toe and finally thought "Sod it. Life's too short" type thing, packed my bags and drove up to the Lakes to join Claire, Graham, Darren, Roger (mountain leader) Steve and Richard for what promised to be an excellent weekend.

Sadly, on the way up to the camp, the chest thing totally got the better of me. I just couldn't get enough air in to be anything but a drag on the whole group. When Roger had to take my rucksack off me it sunk in that I was going to have to give up and head back to the safety of the car.

I'm utterly gutted at missing out on the camping and to have been so close to Scafell Pike for the second time without making it to the summit. But, I thoroughly enjoyed what little time I spent with the team up there and Steve and Richard seem to have got as much out of the Fitness Academy as me.

Anyway, there's still another month until the official 6-months is up so this won't be the last you'll hear of me....

No comments: