Tuesday 19 December 2006

Week 2 - Otford Mount

Sooo.... One week till Christmas..... I haven't had nearly enough mince pies or mulled wine for it to feel anything like Christmas yet, but hey ho, I'm sure Darren will tell me that's a good thing.

We're two weeks into the programme and I'm already starting to see some of the benefits of the advice we've been given. This is also one of my favourite times of year to be out and about in the country - how nice was that chilly fog this morning?

Here I am on top of Otford Mount on the North Downs.

So far I've managed to shed 4 lbs on the programme and am beginning to feel a bit fitter already. I've just posted my second video onto YouTube if you want to take a peek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrumSJkPNiA.

I've just moved up to the fifth floor at work from the second. I was just getting used to climbing the stairs to the second and the fifth is killing me....

1st...


2nd...

3rd...

4th...

5th...



Still, I remain resolute!!


Top tip of the week: ALWAYS take the stairs. It's killer to start with, but you'll be surprised at how quickly it becomes second nature and gets a whole lot easier. It's great for your legs and heart and improves the strength in your knees which will make going up easier and coming down less painful.



No comments: