Tuesday 20 February 2007

Bonkers, but happy again

Well, the good news is that I'm already getting back on track.
Went running last night and again at lunch today (2.5 miles each time) and am already feeling better about myself and a lot more chirpy and have re-lost 2 of those pounds that I packed back on.
The trick, methinks, is to make the most of other people if you loose your way.

So to back track, the tip for the week really should be to involve other people. Find friends who are into the same exercise as you and commit to doing your thing with them. You're less likely to back out if you have a solid agreement with another person (but if you're group gets too big, it's just as easy to back out!!).

I also find that running with someone else means I run further and faster (oh, the hidden competitive streak) and, that aside, I get less weird looks from strangers if they think my nattering is aimed at another person.
God knows what my running-buddie thinks though.....



No comments: