Monday 19 February 2007

Needing a kick in the backside...

Sooo.... End of week 11 and it's not been a very good one. I've been feeling a bit demotivated over the last couple of weeks and haven't really got my head back to normal after Snowdon. I've been lame at doing my excrsize, making bad food choices (basically too many chips!) and drinking a bit too much beer. Result - I've put loads of pounds back on!!

Oh dear, I'm a long way from the straight and narrow so it's time to kick myself in the butt and get things back to order.

First things first, WATER WATER WATER!!!

Second: I'll have to get my running shoes back on. Did a 2.5 miler yesterday and am pleased to say that I'm still feeling very fit and capable despite the temporary slide.

There is one positive to drinking too much beer though - I seem to be incapable of spending an evening in the pub without agreeing some mad challenge or another.... A couple of pints in last night and I managed to agree to do the Great Edinburgh Run 2007 in May. While it's only 10k, it's bound to have a lot of up and down bits, so I figure it'll be good training for the fell run in October (or at least that's what I'm telling myself...).

Third: - I need more mountains!! I'm back up in Snowdonia this weekend with Jess - can't wait to get my hands and feet back on the Welsh rocks. YIPPEE SKIPPEE!!!!

At least my jeans are still slack!

:)

Tip of the week: I'm not sure I'm in any position to say anything this week. I spose my challenge now is to re-establish all that motivation and I'm finding that reading Chris Bonington's I Chose to Climb is doing a grand job of it. Plus, I've got a 10 year school reunion in June and I'll be damed if I'm going to show up to that without a killer bod!!

No comments: