Sunday 11 February 2007

Running for the hills

End of Week 10 and no hills on the books for me this week. However, I did go out for a 4.5 mile run cross country. It's much more interesting off pavement and having to concentrate on where the feet goes mean I spend less time thinking "Urrrgh, bored! When can I stop! Argh - I've only been going for 3 minutes.... when will this end??"

I also managed a 5a climb on the indoor wall last week (albeit rather inelegantly!). Yippee!! Got to show off my new chalk bag - my treat for making it up Snowdon.

Still, I've managed to pile on about 4 lbs in Wales so fingers crossed that what they say about muscle weighing more than fat is true.... Good news is my jeans are getting slacker and slacker despite it so I guess it's good news at any rate.

No vid this week I'm afraid, but I promise to do one next week!

:)

Tip of the Week: Treats are a great way to keep yourself motivated to work towards goals. The trick, I find, is to set yourself a few big goals and inter-space them with smaller ones that you can tick off as you go. Allow for treats on an "appropriate scale" for each goal. It's a huge help with motivation and also gives you another reason to stem the flow of gear purchases - and anything that helps there is very welcome indeed!


No comments: