Sunday 4 February 2007

North East Ridge of Tryfan

It just doesn't get much better than the North East ridge of Tryfan (915 mtrs)!!! That is, unless you've got Mal to fill you in on all the history and stories to bring the mountain completely to life.



The weekend just couldn't have been any better at all. I loved absolutely every minute of it. So much so in fact, that I've already planned my return for later this month, when I've got my fingers crossed for some snow.

Here's a series of photos from the day..

Mal leading Claire, Jess and I on the East Ridge


Claire waiting for the rest of us to catch up. Claire is a right mountain goattie!!


Me on the Cannon on Tryfan


Mal and Jess and some idea of the route up


Me trying to muster the courage to jump to Adam from Eve, but having gone knee deep into a bog the day before, figured my spacial awareness was somewhat lacking...


George and Colin admiring the view from the summit


Tucking into sarnies at the top

Sian on the way down with Tryfan in the background. You can just make out Queen Vic's face in the rocks...




No comments: