Tuesday 13 March 2007

Feelling sparky...

Way hey hey... Did my first hour long run last night. Really chuffed with myself!

That said, I only covered about 4.8 miles, which will give you some measure of how slowly I was going. But, I managed a sprint finish and reckon I could have kept going for at least another mile before collapsing and dying. Feeling a bit more confident about the Edinburgh 10k now.

It seems that I'm pretty OK when it comes to hills - good news for the fell run in October!

I've also learnt how important "form" is. Little things like a bad night's sleep, a pint too many or the wrong foods can really impact how well I run. Interesting to see the effects of not taking better care of myself made so abundantly clear.

I'm determined to get into good fell-running form for October though and feasting on a breakfast of strawberries, blueberries and black currant Muller Light makes "good form" impossible to resist. I'll be addicted to running before long, especially if it means I can get more peaks into a mountain day.

Can't wait to test out this improved fitness on some of what the Lakes has to offer over Easter - only 4 weeks away now!

No comments: