Thursday 4 January 2007

Checking out Scafell Pike...

Ok, so I've set myself three key mountain goals for the TRAIL programme: Scafell Pike, Snowdon and Ben Nevis. These are the three highest peaks in the UK. Of course, I'm planning to pack in as many as possible around them, but these are the big boys.

Dan and I had planned to try and get up Scafell Pike today, but faced with more very high winds made the decision that it was best left for another day - very irritating.

Instead, we drove over, got horribly lost, and didn't have enough daylight left to even make a start and return safely over the mountain pass. Bummer!

Still, I've seen the beast, checked out my route (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76CaVmlxFnk) and have stiffened my resolve to get to the top.

Here's what it looks like from Wastdale Head: (peaks from right to left are Lingmell, Scafell Pike and Scafell)










"They will be mine! Oh yes, they will be mine!!"

1 comment:

Generation Positive said...

Aye, Emma, I did Ben Nevis...erm... something like almost ten years ago when I visited Scotland from Canada.

I'd love to come back and do it again, or for that matter, any of the other trails. No real match here in Toronto for something so impressive and so close.

Best on you for throwing your sights high!

Generation Positive