Sunday 14 January 2007

Wk 6 - A bit of everything...

Ooooww hoooww hooowwww..... Oh, there's a world of pain going on in my arms and shoulders!!!

Totally worth it though. The climbing was absolutely top banana - I've completely got the bug already and I haven't even finished my introductory course. It's a great sport for people of all fiteness levels and ability so well worth a try if you ever get the chance. Plus Trail does the Hold of the Month, which I now get to test out and they also have outdoor climbs and scrambles so it won't be long before I can bleed even MORE use out of the mag.

Been out and about in Kent again today. Fantastic weather! Picked a great spot for lunch with views out over the countrside and the City of London. Kenton Cool's rucsack even made it's Oakman-debut this afternoon. It's bloomin' maaarvelus!

Here's the crew having sarnies....


(Jess, Dan and Fionnuala)







It's the end of week six and I've managed to loose three pounds this week now that I'm back into the rhythm of things. It's much easier to stick to the excersize and things if you're in a routine. I've been running three times, been climbing and spent today out and about. Oh yes, and I'm even doing my strength and flexibility workout...










I broke in my new Crag Hoppers today, which are a size 16. Not so long ago, I couldn't get into 18s so I'm really pleased to see that my shape is starting to change. I keep myself running by trying to imagine what people behind me see... all that flabby bottom flesh jiggling up and down and all round in my track pants! Not very nice!!! But, if I'm down a trouser size, it must already be looking a bit better. Still some way to go though before I'll even consider streaking over London Bridge!

You can check out my video update at this link: Week 6 vid

Tip of the Week: The weather at this time of year can be very deceptive and often feel like all four seasons in the space of an hour. Make sure you're layered up - I usually wear a warm, wicking base layer (readily available from Blacks), a mid-layer fleece, an outer fleece and my windproof, waterproof coat. So, I'm always warm and dry and can shed layers as I warm up and pop them back on when it's lunch time. I find this means I'm not overheating one second and then completely cooled off the next.


No comments: