Sunday 21 January 2007

Wk 7 - Not all bad news

Well, it's been quite a mixed week. Got off to a really bad start: went to Germany with work, which meant hotel beds, lots of eating out and no exercise whatsoever!! I didn't drink anything like enough water to remain human either and by Friday night I was feeling tired, grouchy and altogether hideous.

Friday night was the second part of my climbing course. I was severely lacking in energy and strength, but still managed to have a fantastic time and am now able to register as an independent climber so I don't need supervision any more. Out of play-school and ready to belay big time.

I went for a run this evening and managed to get three personal bests:
1. I ran 2.9 miles, the furthest so far
2. I didn't stop once and
3. I did it within 30 minutes so my fastest time ever!!
I'm super chuffed! Running has become a much more comfortable form of madness and I'm really pleased to be able to see such quick progress. Yippee skippee!!

Good thing too cos in a very drunken moment on Saturday night I agreed to run the Bristol Half Marathon in September with a bunch of very fit men. I was even dressed as a hot dog at the time. (Oh look, there's Benju "The Hook" so whatever affliction it is that I have, it clearly runs in the family.)



One of these days the men in white coats will track me down, but at least I know I'll be harder to catch before they finally commit me!

Here's the link to my Wk 7 video update. You even get to meet Pebbles the cat, who is also a dedicated Trail reader.



Tip of the week: I'm going to return to the theme of water here. It's amazing how quickly I noticed a decline in my feeling of well being and physical changes such really dry skin from not drinking enough of the wet stuff. I've got a 1 liter bottle on my desk at work and I aim to get through at least 3 of them a day. It will be a long time before I make the mistake of not drinking enough again.

And just in case you're wondering what Dan was wearing to the party....



No comments: